Sunday, September 14, 2008

Neon signs and swearing off stuff

Firstly, signage: the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, where four little girls were killed in a 1963 bombing, has been in the process of restoration and stabilization. To further reach the goal of restoring the building, the congregation has erected a new neon sign that is a replica of the one that used to be attached to the building. Should've looked up "how to shoot neon signs" on Google or something before I went, but I got something ...

Secondly, the swearing off of Facebook: I'm dropping off Facebook for a week, maybe longer if I like it. Cold turkey, too. Today's been a little rough, and I imagine it won't get any easier, but I just ... well, let's just say some things might get easier without it.

Till later ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just done a little reading at Wikipedia on the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing. They even have photos of the 4 chidren who died. Very sad.