Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jeez ... the one time I wear khakis ...

Why the dirty pants, you ask? Because I was wading through this for an hour:There was a brush fire in Wylam but by the time I got there, it was smoldering and contained. So I went walking around with a couple of the firefighters.

The last time I tried to bake cookies -- and I do mean the *last* time; I'll leave the baking up to others more suited to the task from here on out -- I remember the acrid, but mildly sweet smell. And this is exactly what I was thinking about when I went walking through the soot-covered, torso-high sticks that remained. So now I'm trying to think of somewhere I can buy some chocolate chip cookies.

Nobody was hurt, by the way, so cheers! Here's to cookies. Even the burnt ones. I'll post more photos later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wait until you're at a fatality scene and you can't get "I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts" out of your head. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't going to hell already, after that, I will be now.

Mmmm cookies.

Unknown said...

And is there any way you can set these comments so I can leave a non-anonymous comment but I don't have to sign into my Blogger account that I only have so I can leave comments on blog that's require I have one?