Saturday, September 13, 2008

CI Therapy, finally

Since this finally ran, I'll go ahead and post a good number of photos from the CI Therapy story. Scroll down a little bit to the last "video" entry -- that's the video I shot of a pair of different CI patients. It's also a decent explanation of the whole thing, though I feel like I left out a lot ... but we won't go into my deficiencies as a video producer just yet.


Anyway, the subject here is the little boy (still withholding names of young 'uns) who started CI therapy with the help of occupational therapist Katherine Goldman of Children's Hospital here in Birmingham. I'll toss in any tidbits I feel are pertinent as captions ...
Also, at the bottom, I'll post how it ran in the paper. Or I'll try to.
A lot of the children's therapy involves puzzles and games.

Something about this kid tells me he's gonna be a big flirt one day. For which he gets my wholehearted approval.
More games.
With mom.

That's just some of them, from two separate sessions. Now, let's see about the actual spread ...


Front page to the left, after the jump on the right. Pretty cool, huh?









So, yep, there you have it. The editors, for one reason or another, decided to hold the story for a good couple weeks or so, so I've been sitting on these photos for a while. ... which gets a little uncomfortable, you know?
Ciao, y'all ...

No comments: