Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One thing to another

Friday morning was interesting. Started off with some portraits on the south side of town, nothing too special, and I won't publish 'em here because I don't think the story's run yet. But then I got called to a drug bust ... heard it was big, okay, I'm headed over, Boss, no problem ... howdy mister policemen, how you guys doing today, what's going on ... yeah, late last night, undercover agents ... 1 million dollars in marijuana ... wait, what? Apparently, that's what $65,000 worth of drying pot looks like. How it smelled was something *completely* different.
The Mother Plant.Couldn't get my white balance to work out right, for some reason. But look at all the pot.

Really intricate hydroponics system, too, and a computerized daytime/nighttime set-up to boot. Apparently, they've been cranking out $1 million worth of pot each year for the past three years or so. I'm strategically staying away from the discussion of, "but is pot really all that dangerous" because I'm not for arguments right now. Just chill out, man. I'd giggle, but you wouldn't hear it ...
___
And then I bounced straight from the potted plant (harhar) to an elementary school, Phillips Academy, in Birmingham that, despite the fact it only opened a year ago, scored in the top fourth in testing.
Young 'uns in math class.
Oh, so that's why they did well. They're actually interested in this stuff. Young 'uns in reading and language arts class.
Back in the land of numbers and figures ... they aren't too fond of me there, by the way.
I do enjoy working around kids. It's like the whole thing with older dogs and puppies, I think, where they all make me feel a little younger, a little more jovial, and a little more energetic.
Ha, this one little girl whispered at me, "excuse me, are you a professional photographer?" and I shrugged, grinned and said, "well, I try to be." Yeah, anecdotal stuff, but it makes the world a good place to live.

1 comment:

=^..^= said...

hehe

lock, stock and two smoking barrels.

if you haven't seen it, see it.