Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jeeeez

Been a while, I know. Things have been decently busy, and I just haven't found the time to update this blog in the past week or so. The following portraits ran this morning, and I remembered that I wanted to post a couple since I kind of liked them. Little short on words at the moment because I'm a tad tired, and not looking forward to being up and mobile at five tomorrow. Between last Saturday night (if you have to ask, you don't need to know) and tonight, "miscommunication" has proven itself to be a massive, painful, ubiquitous issue that may well be the root of all evil and all the stress and unhappiness that fills the world. But, right now, "miscommunication" just means that I have to be up and across town at Lipscomb City Hall at 6 AM. Fun.

Anyway, portraits of the outgoing mayor of Vestavia Hills, a very nice and learned gentleman named Charles McCallum ...
For those crazy monkeys (no, the plural of monkey has no -ies; yes, I had to check) who may be interested, the first was shot on a pleasantly rainy/nastily foggy Friday morning, and the second and third shot within seconds of each other on a rather nice Monday afternoon. Though I personally love the rain, and would love to spendy such days splashing through puddles and running around like a madman with no umbrella, most people find it rather depressing, and I got the feeling that depressing was not the emotion we wanted to evoke with this here fella, especially after meeting and talking with him. Thus the reschedule.
I added the third to the set ... because I like things to come in threes? Well, I guess it was because I didn't know which I liked better, though the differences are all pretty subtle. Subtle to the point where I can't remember which of the two they ran. Anyway.
Tired, gotta go get some suppa, snag a showa, and catch some zzz-s.

No comments: