Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What'd the dad tomato say to the lagging son tomato?

Catch-up ... which is how I'm going to waste the next minute or so of your life. Some backlogged shtuffs that ran recently or ran a while ago, but I haven't posted about. So, onward ...

There's a gym a little south of town that does some "bare bones" fitness -- ie, no machines, just weights and physics -- that the health guys wanted photos on. The workout is a pretty intense thing, and, given the time and money, I might have looked into it.

That was the level of exhaustion after 15 minutes.

There's this really nice little nature preserve about 30 minutes north of town called Turkey Creek. I've been there a couple times, but not in the last month or two, so when I got down there last Saturday morning and saw all the colors, I realized that I really had no desire to go anywhere else for the rest of the day. I had a portrait to shoot midday, but I spent the rest of the afternoon there, quite happily, afterward. Oh, sorry, right -- I was there that morning to watch a group of students from Birmingham-Southern College work on the "ecoscape" and clean up around the creek.Gorp.

Lovely place out there, and probably a little better off now that BSC has taken up stewardship of the joint. I might head out there this weekend when I've got the time.

No comments: