Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election day

Out and about by six, home by 11 -- it was a long day, but the whole day had the feel of a festival. People were singing, dancing, celebrating before/during/after the point ... just nice. It was good fun. Little aside from the voting/polling place photos: cruising by another polling place, and I spotted a fella across the street, headed towards the sheriff's department with a sign in hand. Thinking he was a protester, I pulled in, got out, and we talked for a few. Turns out he's not protesting anything or campaigning or doing anything, in fact, about politics. He just wanted to announce to people passing by the joint that on July 4, 2009, he would strip naked in front of the building at the behest of God, who told him to do as such. Go for it, Charlie; I might actually come back just to see what happens. Not that seeing this guy naked is particularly high on my "do before dying" list, but it might be a hell of a photo.
I'll have more later, I'm fairly certain.

No comments: