Monday, November 17, 2008

Knee-Highs at McWane

The Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity Head Start Early-Head Start kids ... whew, lemme catch my breath ... took a short trip to the McWane Center to check out some of the science exhibits. I found out about it halfway through the gig, and arrived as they were wrapping up the painfully short second half of their stay. It was dark, it was rushed, and there were lizards loosening their bowels, but they were 3-, 4- and 5-year-olds, and I'm just an older dog around young pups, so I had fun. Yes, the turtle was a big deal.
Where's that damned fish? Otherwise, the caption has to read: "Kid looks at tank."
Bam, outta nowhere, there's a kid in my 14mm.

Actually it did kind of surprise me.

2 comments:

=^..^= said...

it's cos they can touch the turtle.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!