Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm an official Iron Pour photographer

I won't go into heavy explanation of Infocus, aside from saying that it's pictures that don't really have accompanying copy. It's a rotational thing, and I'm on that particular rotation. The Ed gave me the concept of doing a theme of "people figuring out what they want to do with their lives or something like that" since I myself am an intern. So I said, cool, okay, and then he told me about the sculpting students doing an iron pour and suggested I hit that up for some photos. And thus it was so ...Adam Bodine, 22, prepares for the pour.One of the assistants at Sloss Furnaces feeds the fires of the furnace.
Adam Bodine waits alongside the students. Bodine, an art student at UAB, is an intern at Sloss.
Bodine lights a cigarette for his "partner-in-crime," Forrest, during a break in pouring.
Bodine and Forrest attempt to break open the mold of Bodine's grate a few hours after the pour.

I'm trying to track down a ballerina somewhere in the city to continue the series. A ballerina because another ballerina's been on my mind as of late.

Humorous aside -- after the photo ran [not one of the photos above, by the way], I actually got a letter from someone who think he's a good candidate for an Infocus. He might be, too ... I'll keep ya posted.

Ciao, y'all ...

No comments: