Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yawn

Edited my boss's tape from the children's play this morning, as well as shot the pet of the week (I just knew it would be kittens, too), shot the final bit of a tennis camp-thingy, and got chastised for not taking more photos of the special needs kids I'll be shooting tomorrow at the bowling alley. By the lady who runs the place. I can be righteously indignant at her annoyance quietly ... and, if I were mean-spirited, which I am not, I could put unattractive pictures of her in the gallery. But I'm not mean, I'm a nice guy who will indeed finish last but with a clear conscience.

I was considering getting a start on editing the "Day in the Life" that my boss shot of the DNR Conservation Officer, but just looking over the tape makes me queasy. Not just because the shots are everywhere and tilted and jumpy and such, but because there's so bloody much (an hour and six minutes, to be exact). There's not really a good opener, not much of a closer -- bunch of nice stuff for the middle, though, and the threat of a montage of smiling kids is growing quietly in the back of my mind -- and there's not really much in the way of b-roll. Copy and paste, click and drop, rinse and repeat. Such is video editing.
Kittens:

Pet(s) of the week; also posted just in case my professor's reading this because he adores cute animal photos.

No comments: