Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Muumil

That's as close as I can get in English to the Arabic pronunciation for "bored." I'm at work, and I did some running around this morning, but nothing really panned out -- the tennis camp for early this morning got pushed back a week, the Mohawk grant for the Coosa Valley Technical College Literacy Council was a five-minute, in-and-shake-and-smile-and-out affair, and today wasn't a good day to do a video piece on the New Echota historic site, apparently. So, by noon, pretty much everything had fallen down, gone boom.

I even went out on a whim to shoot a soccer camp, but they were already getting ready to call it a morning. I might have something for later -- a local abandoned plant of some kind near my house that is getting torn down very slowly by, like, two crews of guys. But there might be some legal ramification BS if I go shoot ... but hell with 'em, I'll probably do it anyway. So, yeah, boring day. Not much going on.

Makes me wish the local Kiwanis Club would start a turf war with the Calhoun Optimists.

Oh, and here's something for those of us who enjoy kidding ourselves into believing that the world is not the world we think it is. Just another little site devoted to public delusions, this time specifically for those who enjoy zombie movies.

On an up side, my family went ahead and bought another used car, a Mazda Protege, older model, 5-speed manual, gets about 33 miles to the gallon if you're nice to it, with working air conditioning and radio. The parental figures are refering to it as "Jake's car" though I'm fairly well convinced that it would be better served as "Dad's car" since he drives so much during the week. I've been justifying their rationale with the thought that I'll be on my own in Birmingham, and will be paying for everything and won't be mooching off them for anything. Thus, they still save money.

Yeah, I have a guilty complex when it comes to my parents. Started back when they offered me an extra cookie when I was three. Never got over it.

Screw it, I'm outta here.

No comments: