Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surgeons on call, and another Infocus teaser

These photos went along with an article about communication in the VA hospital at UAB. Tom Gordon, the writer, and I spent the morning [ed's note: this was actually a couple weeks ago; I've been lazy with the posting] in the staging area of the surgery ward. I was totally willing to get scrubbed up and head back, but it apparently wasn't an option.
_____
And here's a little teaser of my Infocus for this month. Which I guess would be my final Infocus with the Birmingham News. For any who don't know, I'll actually be heading back to Georgia come Christmas Eve, permanently [ed's note: well, as permanently as anything is these days, which is to say, for the time being]. I might do some kind of retrospective-thing-a-ma-job post later, but don't hold your breath. I only get truly nostalgic when I drink.

Anywho ...

Five points to anyone who can guess what it is.

Ciao!

PS: I hate Joey L because he's 18, and goddamned good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's always those college kids who make us look like schmucks.

Jake Daniels said...

Look like schmucks? I am a schmuck.

Richard Hamm said...

Yes, Joey blows. Well not really. But he is named Joey Lawrence HA HA.