Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Valiant efforts

In my valiant attempts to avoid starting work on the three (? I think that's right ...) internship applications due on the 15th/16th, which I admit will not actually take that long aside from picking and choosing photos I want to send in, I have managed to ...

... add four new feeds to my NetVibes account.
... look up seven different articles on Zoe's Ark, the French charity group that stands accused of trying to kidnap 100-103 Chadian children. That's the type of clusterfuck that happens when idealism goes awry. Also, Chad's prime minister/president/monarch (I can't remember and I don't feel like looking it up again) accused the group of firefighters, doctors, nurses and journalists of trying to ship the kids back to France to sell to pedophiles or to harvest their organs. Jesus.
... watch a ten-minute video of a journalist undergoing water-boarding and interviewing various professors and such on torture.
... look up an interesting, and somewhat inspiring, article on attraction, and the social signals regarding such things. Yes, there is indeed hope.

Yep, yep, I got those skills.

Ciao.

Oh, and I'm officially a Red and Black photo stringer now. I've had two assignments, a "Low Country Boil" at the Delta Gamma sorority house, and the homecoming parade. One of my parade pictures got published. I'd just link the photo, but I can't find it on the R&B website.

Oh, and I just added yet another feed to my Vibes.

Okay, now, ciao.

No comments: