Thursday, November 1, 2007

Update

First off, let me say that I want to strangle Nikki and Tara. Now that I don't really know anyone named Nikki or Tara (well, not well enough to actually want to strangle them), so it's just the outward signs of annoyance at third parties. Specifically, the third parties on the advertisement for the "Eye-Fi," an SD card that transmits wireless from one's camera to one's computer. The murderous desire is not due to anything they've actually done -- I simply chose them to be the direction of my ire tonight. Annoyances.

Anyway.

I had my first little assignment from the R&B tonight (as a stringer) and lemme say, it sucked. Which is to say that I had fun, I took some decent (not great, not even "Pretty Good," just decent) photos, I met a bunch of sorority girls that all looked pretty much the same, and I met one of the regular photo staffers at the R&B, Lindy Dugger. Well, semi-regular -- she claims she hasn't been working too much lately. Also, I was informed that I've been thinking wrong about aperture, since I usually try to utilize the smallest possible to get as much depth of field as possible. That needs to be the other way around, most of the time. I mean, it all depends, of course, but I should start watching that, especially since I seem to have a fondness for close-in with a wide-angle.

Not much else to report. I skipped Johnson's photo-j class on Wednesday so I could go with Aleks (but I think this has already been mentioned), but she'll have to wait a few weeks to actually get her citizenship. She aced the test, though, not that that surprised me. "How many stripes on the flag? Who was the first president? Who's the current president?" She's a frigging International Affairs major who attended high school here in the States. Not to mention she borders on painfully smart.

I'm just babbling because I'm tired. Capoeira angola hates me hard.

Ciao.

No comments: